You will work on the design, development, integration, and testing of software modules on multi-core processing platforms in fixed broadband access systems. The primary focus of this position comprises of the control plane and connection management functions for layers 2 & 3 on both ends of the access link. Specifically, this position is targeted at developing parts of the MAC layer of a broadband wireless access system including radio resource control, scheduling, QoS, and network entry, but depending on need and skills can also target parts of the networking stack.
Responsibilities will also include:
● Interface design, protocol state machine design, and test framework design
● Implementation of modules on a C++ /Linux system
● Design reviews and code reviews
● System integration and debugging in complex hardware platforms
● Performance optimization of wireless communication systems
● MSCS/EE or BS with equivalent technical experience
● Industry experience with design and development (5 years at a minimum)
● Experience with one or more of: L2/L3 protocols, wireless networks, OFDM, and MIMO
● Experience with socket, network, and systems programming
● Experience with RTOS, multi-core software development, and embedded systems.
● Experience with version control systems (Git/Gerrit) and collaboration processes (Agile/Scrum)
● C++ 11/14/17 development experience
● Advanced knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP) and Internet architecture
We are hiring only highly experienced software engineers, this is not an entry-level position. We have multiple openings. The title and responsibilities will be matched to the skills and experience you bring to the table.