You will be working on design, development and integration of critical elements for the network stack of our wireless communication systems including scheduling, routing/switching, security and remote/cloud management.
You need to have ability to lead features to their completion, to understand issues and come up with optimal solutions to resolve them. You should be passionate and excited to learn continuously and collaborate with other team members. We are working on a number cutting edge technologies with excellent opportunities for growth.
You job will also include:
- Designing and implementing network and cloud-based services for various aspects point-to-multipoint wireless access systems such as authentication, encryption, QoS, packet forwarding and spectrum management
- Designing services with considerations for scalability, de-centralized management, resilience, failover and inter-operability with customer networks.
- Implementing device management - configuration, software upgrades, CLI, web GUI etc
- Building support for power on self tests, network fault diagnostics, event logging, statistics collection and fault isolation/analysis
- Implementing scalable network/cloud management and provisioning frameworks
Previous experience in embedded software development for carrier and/or enterprise products in telecommunications is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering, MS and PhD preferred with at least 3-5 years experience
- Advanced knowledge of computer networks (TCP/IP), protocols, Internet architecture
- Deep understanding of UNIX-style operating systems (IPC, multi-threading etc)
- Experience in socket, network, and systems programming in C/C++
- Strong and proven capabilities in debugging and troubleshooting on UNIX-style operating systems
- Experience with version control systems, collaboration tools (wikis, ticket systems)
- Strong skills with scripting languages (Python, bash, etc) and web development technologies are a plus
Expertise in at least one of the following areas
- Advanced packet forwarding, routing, bridging, switching, VLANs, ethernet services, ethernet OA&M
- Network/cloud management systems and configuration/provisioning/administration systems (SNMP, LDAP, HTTP, netconf, OpenFlow, TR-69)
- Advanced authentication, security, encapsulation and tunnelling technologies (IPSec, CAPWAP, 802.1x etc)
- MAC and network-layer implementation of 802.11, WiMax, LTE or other OFDM standards
Addressing persistent real-world challenges in both mobile and fixed access networks, Tarana has combined many antennas and radios, a suite of unique algorithm innovations, and expert implementation to create the industry's first truly viable 5G wireless technology, commercially available today. Well proven in tier-1 mobile and fixed operator engagements, the company’s products offer fundamental advances in wireless performance and autonomous adaptation that yield dramatic improvements in the economics and deployment flexibility of fixed and mobile access, plus a wide range of fiber extension applications. Tarana is funded by AT&T, Deutsche Telekom, Blum Capital, and four global private investors.